Donald Trump breaks his silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest two months before King’s US visit

President Donald Trump has broken his silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest.It comes two months before King Charles is due to visit the US to mark the 250th anniversary of US independence.The US President told reporters on Air Force One: “I’m the expert in a way because I’ve been totally exonerated, so I can speak on it… It’s a very sad thing.”His brother, who is coming to our country very soon, the King… It’s a very sad thing.”
TRENDING

Stories
Videos
Your Say

King Charles is due to visit the US in April.President Trump added he was the one that “can talk about it” because he was “totally exonerated” after the release of the Epstein files.The 79-year-old added: “I did nothing.”Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was pictured leaving police custody earlier this evening.Thames Valley Police released the following statement: “On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.”The arrested man has now been released under investigation. We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded.”After an hour-long drive from Aylsham Police Station, it has since been confirmed that Mr Mountbatten-Windsor has returned to his home on the Sandringham estate.The former prince is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.LATEST DEVELOPMENTSMr Mountbatten-Windsor has denied all wrongdoing.Andrew was pictured slouched in the back of a vehicle on Thursday evening as he left Aylsham police station in Norfolk.His brother, the King, said earlier that “the law must take its course” after expressing his “deepest concern” over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.Thames Valley Police said he was released under investigation, and searches at a property in Norfolk, Andrew’s home on the Sandringham Estate, had concluded.Searches at his former address, the Royal Lodge in Windsor, Berkshire, are ongoing.Andrew, who is eighth in line to the throne, was detained on his 66th birthday following allegations that he shared reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore with disgraced financier Epstein.The Home Secretary was alerted to the arrest shortly before Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was taken into custody, it is understood.It is also understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed before the arrest.The Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to support the King’s statement, which read: “As I have said before, they (the police) have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”The King carried on with his duties as monarch after Andrew’s arrest, with planned ambassadorial in-person audiences in the Throne Room at St James’s Palace.He was later met with questions about his brother while arriving at an engagement in The Strand, central London, hours after issuing his statement.Charles did not respond to questions.The Queen also did not respond after being asked: “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your majesty?” during an engagement in Westminster.

Our Standards:
The GB News Editorial Charter GB News Read More